Panzer IV parts

Non-modelling related topics. Keep discussions civil. Flaming and personal attacks will not be tolerated.
Yngve Sjodin

Panzer IV parts

Post by Yngve Sjodin »

Hi my friends:)

I have a question for the PzIV fans here..
When in Kurland last week we was searching a frontline position where a PzIV had been blown up. I found a dumping pit with lots of bits from it, twisted and damaged by explosions and I collected kilos of smaller parts from it.
Is there any interest for bits like this, to for example place a piece on the base of a PzIV diorama, or even using bits as a base for a finished model?
If so I will let you guys have first pickings for a friendly symbolic price..I will make a post of the bits when I have them cleaned up.

The best part I found I ll keep for myself,at least for a while, the battledamaged antenna base part :)
20160527_165039.jpg
20160527_165039.jpg (172.93 KiB) Viewed 708 times
DSCN3573.JPG
DSCN3573.JPG (243.67 KiB) Viewed 708 times
"One man's garbage is another man person's good ungarbage" - Ricky , Sunnyvale Trailer Park

www.hobbyhistorica.com

Steve Hutchinson
Senior Site Contributor.....
Senior Site Contributor.....

Re: Panzer IV parts

Post by Steve Hutchinson »

Hi Yngve

Sounds interesting, I look forward to seeing what you have dug up, and the weight, as postage is going to be killer :roll: :shock:

Which is the aerial base, the round piece is an axle cover, quite heavy I would have thought?

More soon?

Steve H
""I need to be creative, to feel ALIVE!""

Completed Campaigns:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Yngve Sjodin

Re: Panzer IV parts

Post by Yngve Sjodin »

Here is the antenna base.
DSCN3708.JPG
DSCN3708.JPG (216.04 KiB) Viewed 693 times
Not all bits I brought is of the heavy armour kind, found lots of the internal bits,panels,fittings etc. Will post it all up once it is cleaned:)
"One man's garbage is another man person's good ungarbage" - Ricky , Sunnyvale Trailer Park

www.hobbyhistorica.com