M22 Locust Airborne Tank

2017 Light Tanks Group Build. Campaign runs from 10/02/17 - to 30/06/17. Campaign medals awarded for models completed within those dates.
Shawn Ramsey
Senior Site Contributor.....

Re: M22 Locust Airborne Tank

Post by Shawn Ramsey »

Thanks a lot guys for the encouraging comments.

Steve- They look much better than the plastic fenders, but the plastic one would work just fine and look good.

I'm not exactly sure if I am going to leave the hatches open or closed, so I went ahead and did a very basic finish on the interior lower haul. I also gave the exterior a basic coat and painted the upper half of the tracks. Once the upper hull is glued in place it will be hard to get to those.

Shawn
Completed Campaigns:
ImageImage

Olivier Carneau

Post by Olivier Carneau »

I guess that even with all the hatches open, you will hardly see the interior. So what you've done so far is good enough.
Olivier
http://olivier.carneau.free.fr

Completed Campaigns:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Shawn Ramsey

Post by Shawn Ramsey »

Olivier Carneau wrote:I guess that even with all the hatches open, you will hardly see the interior. So what you've done so far is good enough.
Your absolutely right Olivier

More work done with all the fiddley PE :roll: There is some really nice PE parts but wow is it time consuming. Upper and Lower hauls are now permanently attached.

The exhaust system really took some time with the PE. There is still a metal screen that goes over it, but I will have to get some paint on the exhaust before I can attach it.

I have decided on a base and most of you will recognize it. It is casted by our long last friend Steve Reid. I made a simple frame to attach it to. Still working on what figures to add. :roll:

Shawn
Completed Campaigns:
ImageImage

Philipp Gross
Site Admin/Founder

Post by Philipp Gross »

Excellent work on the fenders, all of it looks really nice :D

The base looks good too. Will you add some figures?

Philipp
Completed Campaigns:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Shawn Ramsey

Post by Shawn Ramsey »

Philipp Gross wrote:Excellent work on the fenders, all of it looks really nice :D

The base looks good too. Will you add some figures?

Philipp
Of course there will be some figures, once I decide what ones I want to use. :roll:
At first I was going to add a British Tank commander and a US paratrooper looking at a map, but I also have a couple of US paratrooper in action poses that I can use looking around the wall. Just need to get a British figure that will go in the hatch if I go that route.

This scene will be taking place during Operation Varsity.

Shawn
Completed Campaigns:
ImageImage

Shawn Ramsey

Post by Shawn Ramsey »

Well I have been off for the last 7 days. I was hoping to get a good bit done on this project but that did not work out as planned. Everyday distractions played a toll, but I did decide on the figures and made some progress there.

First and foremost the better half told me we had to clean the house today :cry:, my job was fixing a bathroom sink that was not draining well and also cleaning that bathroom. After I did that she told me to clean up the model room. :D :D

So the next time I get to the bench it is nice and clean.

First figure up as a great piece from SOGA models. Casting is very nice but I did replace the head with a hornet one and added some tamyia grenades.

I ordered some British figures from Mini-art. I cannot stress how bad these figures really are. The molding is just awful. I am truly disappointed with these figures. Miniart really needs to set up their game as far as figures. These may be a older set, but that is still no excuse :twisted: :twisted: . 1970 Tamiya figures are better than these.

I am using the guy holding the map although I have converted him to a figure who will be smoking. The left arm needed to be re-sculpted, I added a hornet head and sculpted on the beret and hair. The belt and buckle where replaced with PE and I had to redo the holster strap on the side of the leg using PE buckles and tape. I will be adding hornet hands and still have other work to do, but this is where he stands at this point. A lot of rescribing was done as well.

I wish I would have made more progress but oh well.

Shawn
Completed Campaigns:
ImageImage

Steve Hutchinson

Post by Steve Hutchinson »

Super sculpting on the beret Shawn :D

What did you use?

The hair is a different material too?

Well scribbed and enhanced with the PE ;)

Ahh, SWMBO :roll:

We are all kings of our own castle, until we wake up :lol:

Not just with yard and busy work, but family too tend to "absorb" our ""free"" time
and quite often our "mojo" too :(

Making progress and a tidy modeling room too ;)

Nice one

Steve H
""I need to be creative, to feel ALIVE!""

Completed Campaigns:

Adam Durrant

Post by Adam Durrant »

Aw...crap. I just ordered the same mini art set of British Tankers to go with the Mk VIB! If they are truly awful I'll steal one from my Tamiya Matilda III/IV.
I'm a serial kit starter....
Completed Campaigns:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Olivier Carneau

Post by Olivier Carneau »

Good job on the figure. How many of them do you intend to use?
Olivier
http://olivier.carneau.free.fr

Completed Campaigns:

Chris Smith

Post by Chris Smith »

Adam Durrant wrote:Aw...crap. I just ordered the same mini art set of British Tankers to go with the Mk VIB! If they are truly awful I'll steal one from my Tamiya Matilda III/IV.

Adam,

they are no good for your desert light tank as they are wearing pixie suits which only came into use in 1944.

Shawn,

great work on the figures, first time I've seen SOGA, looks pretty good.

Chris
Completed Campaigns:
ImageImageImageImage