Need some help on a paint color dilemma

Non-armour projects and modelling questions go here.
Steve Kubik

Need some help on a paint color dilemma

Post by Steve Kubik »

While my Tam T55 is stalled waiting for tracks, I pulled out a semi finished DML Panzer III Ausf L (late Production). I'm about 80% done with it and I was looking at the paint guide. DML is calling for Mr Colour H32 for the overall color which they list as Field Grey. I looked at the Mr Color chart and H32 is green. Yet, the guide also specified ModelMaster 1723 which is dark grey.

So which is it? Green or Grey? I've never heard of a Panzer III painted in overall Field Grey before so I"m assuming the Dark Grey is the appropriate colour. Anyone have an answer?
Steve Kubik

Philipp Gross
Site Admin/Founder

Re: Need some help on a paint color dilemma

Post by Philipp Gross »

If it's a vehicle for 1942, definitely dark grey. If it's for Africa, a greenish yellow. If it's for 1943 and beyond, standard dark yellow.

Philipp
Completed Campaigns:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Steve Kubik

Post by Steve Kubik »

Philipp Gross wrote:If it's a vehicle for 1942, definitely dark grey. If it's for Africa, a greenish yellow. If it's for 1943 and beyond, standard dark yellow.

Philipp
Thanks! I figured as much, but had to confirm.
Steve Kubik

Dario Risso
Site Contributor..
Site Contributor..

Post by Dario Risso »

According to what I see in the web, I think Gunze mislabeled the H32 as "Field Gray" when actually it is the regular "Panzer Gray".

We know that "Field Gray" is actually a gray-green used in the uniforms and some equipment

Darío